Mongoose elf and dragonewt books?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_Ej2R9Bzzmy-6M-i0fCq8FtCD7XbnaqQCdaNZ2MEHe9TOzuNSDPOAu_T-37s3UYUoTiW>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:05:06 -0000

I noticed that Shannon Appel, whom I respect a lot, has written the elf book for Mongoose. I'm not a big fan of the mongoose books so far (a mixed bag) and using elfs instead of elves drives me a bit nuts *smile*.

Still, I'd really like to hear what people have thought of these products? Glorantha from the mongoose perspective looks a lot different from what I'm used to. I eagerly wait for Shannon's HQ elf book, but should I be buying this while I wait?

I'd also like to hear reactions to the dragonewt book.

Thank you,

  -Adept

PS. I have trouble dealing with the fact that they went completely black and white too, even in the PDF's. I really liked to parchment coloured look, and the colourful illustrations.