Re: Heroquesting to travel

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_Tbgk3OMSNy4C9lQzKgeVfQeP1FHEu9QHa0TPrtwrVkHAMPOHKo6Luk1LFcloKroV>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

Greg sez:
> for 99.9999999% of Heroquests you will exit ONLY where you entered.

Within that tiny portion are two things I think are important: 1.    When the hero plane and the mundane plane overlap (usually for either a small space or a short time), you can move through both simultaneously. For example, I think that some of the paths through the Praxian wastes overlap both the mundane and the hero planes. I also think a moonboat can fly you to the moon from Rinliddi, and then you can take another down to Glamour. 2.    When you travel to an edge of the world or up to the sky world or the moon, you transition to an other world. I think you can come out at a different place, though I'd expect it to me much more difficult than returning to the same place. For example, I think you could walk to the edge of the world, follow the blue moon's path up the outside of the sky dome, and drop into Magasta's whirlpool. Just describing implies how rare it would be, of course.

It may be that my Glorantha varies in these respects. Am I Wrong?

Chris