Re: Heroquesting to travel

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_tPanc9cUlgr38fv-EvHIpxUphPAUTuAxxvn2NEHNBEcnWg2BKc9-hyVLJFDTeD0kO>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:12:49 -0700

YGWV On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_bNY3V3pF3nFOtfFTjEMt8hMz4dzEqZAXxEgoMrtHNbH6p7cpzwfpW3ZTxm4CWZbq3QUUqKFb6iv2N2q8DZxT.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Greg sez:
> > for 99.9999999% of Heroquests you will exit ONLY where you entered.
>
> Within that tiny portion are two things I think are important:
> 1. When the hero plane and the mundane plane overlap (usually for either
> a small space or a short time), you can move through both simultaneously.

Although I fail to see how this applies to the teleportation option.

> For example, I think that some of the paths through the Praxian wastes
> overlap both the mundane and the hero planes.

Of those, though, the spiritual prsence overlies the mundane world and makes it strange, but not shorter or less spatial, etc.

> I also think a moonboat can fly you to the moon from Rinliddi, and then you
> can take another down to Glamour.

This is physical travel, not at all the same as going through the Hero Plane.

> 2. When you travel to an edge of the world or up to the sky world or the
> moon, you transition to an other world. I think you can come out at a
> different place, though I'd expect it to me much more difficult than
> returning to the same place. For example, I think you could walk to the edge
> of the world, follow the blue moon's path up the outside of the sky dome,
> and drop into Magasta's whirlpool. Just describing implies how rare it would
> be, of course.

This is, again, physical travel.
Look at Kallyr's quest to the Moonboat. They travel to the Sky World, then through it to the edge of the world, then again through the sky. But wherever you come quite the quest, it is still exited where they began.

> It may be

that my Glorantha varies in these respects. Am I Wrong?

Wrong? No. YGWV.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer