Re: An Observation About Yinkin

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_gW6M4Y3XY2sSvgKHq2AyFij9jmRcSTqcNpFym81hE9Wd9ObhBsKPgp2ZRjIB>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:00:16 +0000 (GMT)

> Stephen Tempest e-g_at_2YQ4oU1B7x6mv87ZXcD-yPGeLr9YayrFDRZR8rn-9DYOnE-Dy7Ed8g2D6jWb8KZJl78yxnSx4hMNrqPVmNfrAw.yahoo.invalid

> > "Todd Gardiner" <todd.gardiner_at_bB5bzRjyMxiJHATc_BsdkQFlAySu_xcPJT3YGDLpNCgIhQtxA5vJTUkVvEyvuyLXKL4wEnpi0jQ7Sw0ZzNo.yahoo.invalid> writes:

> >At what average age do Heortlings enter into the full Orlanth/Ernalda
> >marriage vows? And what percentage of adults in a clan are in this marriage?
> >I'm curious how these proportions would affect partner availability for
> >Yinkinings.

> Equally importantly for this purpose: are Yinkini allowed to sleep
> with members of their own clan (outside their immediate bloodline,
> presumably) or is this considered incest? Having to travel several
> days through the mountains to reach the nearest legitimate potential
> sexual partners would cramp the style of any Yinkin devotee...

Not necessarily, Yinkini are hunters too so that means that they have lots of reasons to be away from the homestead and visiting others.  Either from their own clan or neighbouring ones.

Ever seen the documentaries following domestic cats when they are out of the house?  Many have ranges of several miles and are still back home for breakfast :-))  They also have their favourite haunts, the old lady at the end of the road who gives them fish, etc.

I see the possibility of Yinkini having the same "hunting" rounds that include their favourite partners as well as the good spots to gather food for the clan.

Gavain