Re: from Sartar:KoH, being "drawn into" a heroquest

From: L C <lightcastle_at_tNOskEc9QE7p8VTQ-kShE9Iloy52hqaTEmr8HklOWA_ind7ypes9zYtoi7cyp4xV>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 02:46:28 -0500

I think in the Hero Plane this is very possible, and in the God Plane if you manage to get there. (Spirit and Essence as well, of course.)

I am all in favour of your HeroQuest opponent being from another time due to the timeless nature of such things. I think it is canon (oooh... using evil word!! ^__^)
that one can acquire a HeroQuest opponent who recurs. (It certainly shows up in S:KoH, for instance, and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere.) Now, from a game point of view, it is probably best to make this a contemporary, so that the Heroes can confront this person on many levels, but really there is no reason for it to be true. In a story, I would happily make it a different time, and even in game you can do it if you plan it well. (Definitely a game that should have lots of HeroQuesting, though.)

Imagine repeated questing and then finding out that entity you keep encountering behind different faces is in fact a God Learner!!! (Better yet, our Indiana Jones God Learner from another discussion!)

LC