Votank the son of Durbadath/Goat Woman?

From: philbert6000 <philbert6000_at_H3jivS3faNQlqQoXdteEwuy1VczHKwfzSwd2wtCfobaz2aF0GK_kV7X9V5bLPY->
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:12:43 -0000

Hello Esteemed Glorantha Scholars

I am running a campaign in Balazar after many years of absence from GMing duties, 20 years after I ran this campaign for the first time. I did not have the benefit of the wisdom of the GROY, and so did not know that the gods wall shows Votank as the child of Durbudath and the Goat Goddess. However other texts erroneously call this godling Zarkos. What is the truth?

Is Votank in fact the slave god of the Dara Happans, is Durbadath another reincarnation of Basmol?

I have so many questions.

Why do the Carmanians worship this god who came from Pamaltela? Was it Tada who destroyed the god? What is the meaning of the "decapitation" of this god by Yelm and his servitute.

I am also fascinated by things I did not know before about the Celestial Hunter, depicted as Lukarius in the Celestial Forest. Is it in fact that god that is the father of the 8 hunting gods? If Foundchild is one of these eight original hunting gods, who was Lukarius. Can anyone tell me more about the Celestial Forest, as a place where Foundchild hero quests take place? Is Durbadath the Lion in the Celestial forest? Does Sakkar live in this same place?

Is Brother Dog related to Telmor in some way?

So many questions and no answers from the texts....

Cheers