Re: Nice or not-so-nice Esvulari ?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_I9YnzNPSiDetY2i9Ad4UBYi61-iILALXt5nmEck2GSuwwAtV4IUnmi1RTiXI5IEvt6ti>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:53:32 -0000

> The only bad facts about the Esvulari that I know is that they once had
> a hero, Delelsus, who tried to become King of the Hendriki and that they
> have had several governors of heortland who were rather unbenign in
> their rule.

And they weren't exactly pleasant to Harmast when he was their "guest".

People might find the Esvularings more philosophically appealing than the Rokari (although I have great respect for the Rokari and their efforts to prevent another cataclysm caused by the wizards caste), but their "Talk First" approach does not mean that they embrace modern sensibilities. They own slaves, forbid sacrifices to the gods in their enclaves, and will ally with distant empires to gain advantages over their neighbors.

Jeff