Re: Volsaxi and the holy country question

From: David Dunham <david_at_4ccOkrmjek5yPAs1GgmdMQtNei5rHUrBmRm-h0bs6kU6VhU2VODPFidVwzIBhZ8nqrXtUt>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:51:39 -0700

On 23 Aug 2010, at 00:31, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>> Crossline has no gazetteer entry in Dragon Pass, so I think it's not
>> relevant in the modern era. Other than being a convenient line on a
>> map.

> Try the Stone Cross entry.

Sure, and there's Centaur Cross too.

But these are isolated crosses. The line as a unit no longer has its original meaning.

I should probably have said not _magically_ relevant. Obviously it's a convenient visualization of a boundary. But IMO it's politics (as Jeff described), not ritual, that would keep Sartar from extending south past the Crossline.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein