Re: Why is there a holy country anyway ?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_kHje-FRaF8saNDLa7GKHo1h_bq1iD1LdN7B0sO_NaEb0Wps5uZjv-U_cn66HklfUKqR7>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 05:54:28 -0000

> /// Nice. I love your idea. But what's his initial goal (or goals) then ?

Belintar is one of the great enigmas of Glorantha. His goals are inscrutable - something well understood by the residents of the Holy Country.

For example, Chief Librarian Erato twenty years writing the deeds of Belintar and after finishing concluded he knew nothing more of Belintar's goals than he did before commencing his work. King Hardard the Green is said to have said, "I do not know Belintar's plans and do not know if they can be understood by men or gods. It is only necessary to know that Belintar denies us our ancient rights, his magic broke the Hendriki, and his creatures wage war upon us and seek to make us submit to them." There are rumors from the Imperial College of Magic that more than one Irrippi Ontor sage was driven to Occlusion trying to fathom Belintar's secrets.

Jeff