Re: What happens when malkioni die ?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_RFheVRCugkKw4FafUWuk-h6tHfVXuieC4kL3S5YE5d3-WsxHpbc_4HBqmxRvaCEwR>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:28:10 -0500

YGWV ¿Well, no one willing eh?

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM, <hcarteau_at_I2xpW4e0O1VbfuhkApU8jdU5xyZ0mxrZex5nNMFY0FEjJcTqE6N_W1INjNYa0jvr4cPJGB7gyxE.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> > The idea that the dead go to the Judge of the Dead is shared by many
> > Gloranthan cultures, whether that judge is called Daka Fal, Darhudan, or
> > whoever (Greg confirmed while writing the Underworld quest in the Sartar
> Book
> > that the Dara Happans have their own equivalent). Those dead souls you
> meet
> > on the Path of Silence belong to EVERY Gloranthan culture - Orlanthi,
> > Praxians, Lunars, Malkioni, and the like.

As always, I warn that YGWV; and also, not everything you read is true. For instance, many modern Christians believe that everyone not in their particular version of the One Truth will go to Hell, and have said so for the several centuries they{ve existed.
Maybe true, maybe not; but either way, you will find many people willing to disagree with this particular Truth.

> /// Yes, tis true it's written in there. But then I wonder : what happened
> Solace ?

Nothing has happened since MAKA (I think it was) dismembered itself to become Creation
Or perhaps, since Hrestol found the way there.

> To the notion that you can't contact your dead ancestors when you're a
> malk ?

same thing going now

> Do they have a Judge BEFORE reaching Solace ? Perhaps Old Malkion himself
> ? That would be a new twist.

Some practioners of Soloace believe that there is a Judge and yes, some also believe it is the Prophet Malkion, the Embodied Truth, who weighs your nasty sol for purity.
Others beleive that is just a metaphorical truth, and that judgement is automatic: you qualify or not

> Also, this discussion about the nature of the Underworld was interesting.
> It
> seems the "underworld" in Glorantha is very "geographic", factual : it's
> the
> place under the world. It's so big it holds many realms, most of them
> either
> very dull or very unpleasant to visit. But there is no notion of "Hell" in
> the
> Christian sense, not even for the malkioni, perhaps not even for the
> carmanians.
> If you fouled up your life, you face the consequences after it : you get
> sent to
> - or lose yourself in - a Bad Place.

The beliefs in Glorantha are as variant as the Truths. :D

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer