Re: There is only one God, et al

From: David Cake <dave_at_bq1g5l2Vr2dCgX33zFbqwNM0UpN5ovrNkCFovN8fcZzJDgBMkcC7iNhn71G2-5YpWq1L8E9>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 00:06:17 +0800

At 11:38 PM +1300 15/11/10, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>On 11/15/2010 4:40 AM, Kevin McDonald wrote:
> > For Yargan's folk I would look at the myth of Jarkaru, the Indigo Conqueror
>> in Revealed Mythologies. Jarkaru was the great war leader of the
>> Artmali. "Jarkaru and the Aquamarine Armada sailed across the world,
>> settling colonies and forts wherever they wanted. They brought treasure and
>> plunder back from all over the world."
>Sailing to northern Peloria past Ernadela (where the Vingkotling live),
>Helerela or the Kachasti Coast is a bit too implausible as an Artmali
>conquest or even migration for me. I prefer to see the Blue People as
>being related to the Waertagi and or the Banthites.

        I think Waertagi (who have travelled up the Janube, the new river created by Waertagi magic, from Sog) are very likely candidates for blue people. I agree that Artmali from virtually the entire opposite side of the world are very unlikely to the blue people here.

        I think the Banthites are probably not human at all, but probably malasp mermen. They help the Helerings and Vadeli attack the Tadeniti, but by this stage the Tadeniti are already surrounded by water, mermen would be valuable allies to the helerings (who have their own water powers) and Vadeli. The modern malasps are ruled by Terthinus the Voice of the Deep, who is the grandson of Banthe.

	Cheers
		David