Re: Unmanageable healers

From: ryancaveney_at_l-3MYk1cPw4sBxBUknvrrQcd3V_zb90MqyKs1Fouha6-OO_ThR8LiwZc3OlYTE7J
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:41:57 -0800 (PST)

hcarteau wrote:
> You can distract her with other wounded people for instance ;
> self-mutilation comes to mind. You can get her drunk or stoned.

Ah, good!  This is the sort of stuff I was looking for.  Other ideas?

hcarteau wrote:

> Be at ease, brother. You did act as your heart and guts told you. Violence

> is always an option, but it doesn't need to hurt, only restrain in that case.
> Orlanth will judge you, but He knows we all do what we can

Oh, I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about our mom!  After all, "Unmerciful to Enemies" is one of the virtues of Ernalda Allmother, so it's my mother who locked my sister in the loom house to prevent her healing our clan's enemies because she's mad at our father the chief for not letting her marry the guy she wants.  I'm just hoping to help grandma find another way, before my mother gets angry enough to do something worse.

Roderick Robertson wrote:
> CA is as rigidly "pro-Life" as Humakt is "pro-Death" (or "pro-Separation",
> at least), and her followers are as determined (or stubborn) as any Humakti.

Actually, this discussion has convinced me that Chalana Arroy is more the opposite of Vadrus than of Humakt.  Both Chalana Arroy and Vadrus have the same inability or unwillingness to distinguish between friend and foe, which makes "heal everything, regardless of what it is" and "hurt everything, regardless of what it is" equally disruptive to society.  At least Humakti can tell which side they're on!  "Giving aid and comfort to the enemy" is treason.  I am interested in finding out how to deal with such treason on the part of a healer.  Greg seems to have said that outlawry is actually the least bad option, but getting her drunk seems to me like a rather better plan.

Ryan