Re: Unmanageable healers

From: hcarteau_at_dP9ZdhXsiqvb25wbp0s9UNcw1b5iHp30R6mhba3-QPofSbxpa0ZW3KyNulTaK85YYNV
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:00:38 +0100

Selon ryancaveney_at_6SUWYn52ryXYE6BAZnKvkcZcmESjB7QYjA-2LdEN7a6VqePERDBSSBkew7gAXe9-GAThtblhwKnrB8ZVxez_yA.yahoo.invalid:

> hcarteau wrote:
> > You can distract her with other wounded people for instance ;
> > self-mutilation comes to mind. You can get her drunk or stoned.
>
> Ah, good!  This is the sort of stuff I was looking for.  Other ideas?
/// Well, it all depends on her motivation. From what you say below, this dastardly healer does cure ennemies to p... off her father because he, a sensible man, will not let her marry some scoundrel. So she's not subject to "healing urges from the goddess" or such nonsense. So you could threaten to bash her beau's head, or have him sent into exile. Again, no physical violence occurs. Hit her where it hurts : her lover. Or, even worse, you could find sick children to cure. Children trump everything else.

> hcarteau wrote:
> > Be at ease, brother. You did act as your heart and guts told you. Violence
> > is always an option, but it doesn't need to hurt, only restrain in that
> case. Orlanth will judge you, but He knows we all do what we can
>
> Oh, I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about our mom!  After all,
> "Unmerciful to Enemies" is one of the virtues of Ernalda Allmother, so it's my
mother who locked my sister in the loom house to prevent her healing our clan's enemies because she's mad at our father the chief for not letting her marry the guy she wants.
/// That is truely excellent. I love your story ! This is living, breathing folks trying to deal with their own mess. Thanks for sharing this with us !

I'm just hoping to help grandma find another way, before my mother gets angry enough to do something worse.
/// Are you a man or a woman character ? "Find Another Way" is True Woman Magics. If you're a man, you should let women find their way - meanwhile handling manly your side of the crisis as suggested above.

 this discussion has convinced me that Chalana Arroy is more the opposite of Vadrus than of Humakt.  Both Chalana Arroy and Vadrus have the same inability or unwillingness to distinguish between friend and foe, which makes "heal everything, regardless of what it is" and "hurt everything, regardless of what it is" equally disruptive to society.

At least Humakti can tell which side they're on!  /// Not always. When my humakti goes into Death Song mode, it's a good idea to stay clear. He needs Killing then. He's not particular about whom.

"Giving aid and comfort to the enemy" is treason.  /// I'm not of that opinion and that's where you clan problem is. She can always say she follows her Goddess' will and nobody can prove that. Your Lawspeaker will confirm this. Your sister is a spoilt brat kicking up a storm because of a silly love spat, but she's no traitor. Outlawry makes no sense. Besides, it'd make your clan's life difficult next time they need serious healing. Think carefully before you act.

And there's even worse : it could be True Love and not a kid's love boo-boo. Then you are in truely deep do-do. "No one can make you do anything" applies to her too !

Who's the GM who puts you guys to such difficulties ? Bravo to him !