Why do fools fall in love (was : Matrimonial projects in Fay Jee)

From: hcarteau_at_dtndXSaANSnDxn_tfTyou-x-sNiq_QemE3asOD-z_Q-PgIFSczoe096YBjrN4mvzuwU
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:34:43 +0100

Selon bryan_thx <bethexton_at_0vJzwgk-hBvnI-Uob1l3303gZwXmAy1yZHGTr6MZeC-5VXA2ojH3SadNqhi7LVhdQpUUvfAneRv0oPY.yahoo.invalid>:

>> Well, the prospective bride follows Castelaine, which was the explanation of
> why she would not ask for something to be stolen.
/// Well, she's not very kosher ("blanc-bleu" as we'd say in french). There are Issaries swindlers, so why not a Caselain follower.

> I had another thought of how this could be done, if you didn't want to make
> it a focus just yet. Start by running an extended contest representing the
> negotiation between the two of them, and do one exchange per session for a
> few sessions. Set the difficulty such that the poor player is not apt to do
> well early on.

/// Tricky that. I have never dared to run an extended contest over several games, but why not. The letter Ysgrin wrote will be his first action then.

> Then offer some adventure which should offer a huge augment later on (make
> that one a play session). If he can pull off this impossible thing (say
> recover a lost heirloom….that was lost by her father when gambling with a
> trickster, and she's heard that there is going to be a gathering of
> tricksters at the tower of tricksters off the coast, and if the player's
> character could just get it back….)

/// Yes, I've toyed with the idea of a trip to Thanos, the TTT ("Temple de Tous les Tricksters". I've even thought about using the Pavis scenario where the PCs are looking for the Mask of Fools - it'll need some editing but could be done. Thanks for the idea !