Re: What does death by "natural causes" look like in Glorantha?

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_8Zil410Ai1DDhXuabrxpKf4oRyJh79Z_77wnb96bQT94GVh8iBV7Xhtbce4Z_q>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 04:00:20 -0000

Seems to me it needs a mythic explanation, relating to the Compromise, or why Death comes to (almost) everyone.

"We die of old age because..." should be a story that people know. I think Grandfather Mortal was killed rather than just dying, but as Motorhead so aptly put it he was "Killed by Death". It doesn't explain aging at all, I don't think. Grandfather was perfectly OK until he got killed.

I personally like the "poisoned by time" explanation, my own interpretation of that being that Healers can only fix things, they cannot make stuff better, and since the whole world is created and destroyed in each moment, they cannot "repair" damage from Time, unlike, say a sword which has obviously broken the person from their natural state and can therefore be fixed.

Keith