Re: Creating and playing a Lucky character

From: Jeff <richaje_at_5qbsBT8GOn7xW_ZsGdcNSF_E8QkkOjoqRGQTtGl2fTFTuZCnYW7mKo-rzXmULYgDpFOd>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:07:52 -0000

> >BUT there is a price. "She giveth and taketh", so every time Luck activates, the character... the character, hem... suffers some penalty that is both interesting to play and would prevent the use of Luck to become a game-killer. Any specific ideas ?
>
> Personally, I think the idea that this person's luck always impacts
> badly on other people would make him seem like a jinx, not the
> original concept of "a lucky punk". Though a more limited idea, that
> the luck can only benefit him personally but won't actually harm his
> friends, would fit better IMO.

I agree. "Luck" is no different from any other ability a hero might use to overcome an obstacle. Some folk are smart, some are weaponmasters, others master lightning and thunder, and others are just lucky.

I'd simply require the player be descriptive in how luck is being used in a particular contest and if the ability is being used too often, treat it like a broader ability and slap a -3 or -6 penalty.

Jeff