Re: Initiate in exile....what fills their 30% obligation time?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_C2AHDb_XTXA2a8UF0nAaA_gce4d4aIw3694ytdkMlJFFLcfc4fWikk48jbS7EYoGqbkz>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:43:03 -0000

> > An initiate of Orlanth (Finnovan the Raider sub-cult...we're kind of bridging HQ1 and HQ2) is outlawed from his clan.

Harsh.

> He's also been outlawed from his cult.

Yep. He can't go to the sacred places maintained by his clan or tribe or participate in their rites.

> To maintain his connection to Orlanth, he would have to establish a new
> ring at the very least. His 30% time and suchlike duties go towards
> supporting that ring. He could also become a devotee to maintain his
> connection to Orlanth through personal sacrifice.

Agreed. Essentially the outlaw needs to find (or, if he is powerful enough, make) a new community. One that will let him participate in their communal rites.

For example, your warrior probably needs to find a new chieftain or captain, and swear loyalty to him. Corflu is not exactly a good place for it, as it is more a Lunar/Riverfolk settlement than a Sartarite one and I don't even think there is an Orlanth cult there. New Pavis is a better bet ... unless that is where he is outlawed from. Maybe the Pol-Joni would let him in, assuming he can pass their survival tests.

Jeff