Re: Introducing Newbies to GLorantha

From: David Dunham <david_at_eS5iu0_FnOG8rTDG8ouGiLZaiw0GcWvrFmwY6IprjaavGnmTz_NXZMJXVvzyFwMPEpABPq>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 22:00:42 -0700

On 7 Oct 2011, at 14:42, hcarteau_at_Wg4KMCOYyp6vSUzjXlneomWvw8s3eZWHWvGr3Lv97NhBYdU3WvTzPXYeMBxHlXAiDma3lIPQ6fQ.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Given the recent topics here about newbies and Glorantha, I was wondering what peoples' thoughts were on introducing it to new players?
> /// Start in a specific culture and stick to it. Most people begin with Sartar, today as 30 years ago. It's rich enough to supply years of gaming.
>
> You can introduce other cultures if yourself and players like it, but do it from your home culture's point, with full subjectivity, rumors, bigotry etc. Then have them meet the real thing. In Sartar they can meet many representatives of the lunar empire.

Greg has said he used Griffin Mountain to introduce people -- the basic idea is "you're all cavemen" (maybe who can do a little magic). Once the players get used to things, they can become introduced to other cultures. But the amount to know is pretty minimal.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein