Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at__gytZwOF9YhRu0MKAjWB4NZo_V46cLt8vxTrWIUhzQHuOhZIWTxBzhIPNpQiWI>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 19:28:57 -0000

I'm turning into a Lunar here, or perhaps an Illuminate, but I think people should forget about any moral aspect to chaos. Acts are not chaotic because they are evil, despite what Heortlings and Praxians might tell you. They are about destroying the world. Broo are nasty, evil creatures that are also chaotic. They are not chaotic because they are nasty and evil. They may be nasty and evil because they are chaotic, (and everyone hates them, and their lifestyle is repulsive and they spread disease and reproduce in horrible ways)

This stuff about rape turning you into a broo is, in my opinion, an Orlanthi mindset. They "may as well be a broo", or "they are worshipping Thed by their actions". The action does destroy *their* world in the same way that kinstrife destroys the fabric of Orlanthi culture. Once the evil rapist is exiled/flees from Orlanthi culture, begins to discover rites to worship Thed (rather than just accidentally worshipping Thed by their actions) then they have a chance to have a rebirth of chaos.