Playing possession by ghosts in an interesting way

From: hcarteau_at_4gLOCVFNZF8p3iTI500VMNzYXMFks_Oe-0VYlD2vdqVpeXugqvsRNxVHZ76n6vHd3QR
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:19:39 +0100 (CET)

Gentlemen,

My players' characters have gone in a Very Old Place full of treasures. Of course, the Guardian of said treasures isn't happy about that, buth him I can handle. What I wonder more about are the ghosts of former visitors, slain by said Guardian and who would DESPERATELY love to get OUT of this place, which I call the "Nostromo".

The ghosts attempt to possess the PCs : fine and well. PCs are scared spitless (I like them like that) and fight like hell. If Ghost succeeds, he's "inside" the PCs, but that's not dominant possession : the PC can still think and act.

How could I make this extra interesting in play ? How could such a possession generate more tension, more fear, more hopes ?

HervĂ©