Re: Arinsor the misunderstood or the krajlki demon ?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_DLcPV3Lt4Xkg6llKKYFS_UiR6dJJHqznfWuDXKX8SKK9v_826t3uZf6s1CiQ>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:01:05 +0000 (GMT)

At the risk of drifting into something like RQ mechanics, I thought vampires Drained rather than Tapped, because there is a slow natural recovery from the STR lost as a result of having one's blood drained. Tapped characteristics do not recover naturally.
I see the distinction as important because, to me, it is the permanent destruction caused by a Tap spell that gives rise to concern that tapping is Chaotic. Though there are other reasons for thinking that some/all vampires are Chaotic whether their blood-drinking is a tap or adrain
Also who battled the Vampire Kings somewhere in the West (Tanisor?) during the Gbaji Wars? Was it Arkat rather than Talor?
Richard Hayes

From: David Cake <dave_at_Cmt-DbDkib5Q4wWvOygtFmP0zzWMDVFM3ulSglOhmUCwqgo2J4W5mTlWFFrWZAfzEPK3MKWT4J_hL8OWDxr_zQ.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, 13 December 2011, 4:56
Subject: Re: Arinsor the misunderstood or the krajlki demon ?

On 13/12/2011, at 12:47 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> On 12/13/2011 9:47 AM, Glass wrote:
>

>> wasn't Jraktal the Tap brought in during the Vadeli invasions?

> I find the Tap to be a dire name for a chaotic deity - you might as well
> start calling Heler the Prismatic Spray and stuff like that.  Would you
> call Vivamort a Tapper or a Vampire?  How would you tell the difference
> between them?
>
> On the subject of Jraktal's origins, I prefer to think that he arose
> from an error in Fonritan religious practices rather than being
> introduced by the Vadeli.  The Fonritans should be clever enough to
> think of Bad Shit on their own.

    I think the Vadeli probably introduced Tapping to Pamaltela, and ultimately Fronrit knows of Tapping via the Vadeli. Whether creating a deity of Tap is a Vadeli innovation, a misunderstanding of the Vadeli practices, or a purely Fonritian innovation in the field of 'ways to make Tapping even worse', I don't know.     But I think the Fonritians have managed to think of plenty of Bad Shit of their own. Basing your entire cosmology on slavery, and so on.

    Cheers

        David

Yahoo! Groups Links