Re: unlife in sartar

From: hcarteau_at_HMwVoFAIsLWNWmruQzSLWiD7Jx0TY5aoK0d5Yt5dTRcs5syzdLoJxqn_TT9P7SIL9ue
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:54:34 +0100 (CET)

That's funny because I always thought that Vivamort was a French pun on "La vie et la mort" - life and death.
/// Pun, or lucid parallel, or dark irony ?

 That, and the burnt out Monkey Ruins (Ruin de Singe) were the only contributions of French punning to the world of Glorantha that I am aware of.
/// You got me there. What's the pun on "Ruines du Singe" ?

The northern tribe of ice hockey playing ducks has never been discovered as far as I know (Canarda).
/// The duck jokes are famous forever among french fans. "Ducks' favorite drink is COINtreau", because french ducks go "coin" instead of your "quack", and all that.

Just for the record, Sans Souffle doesn't sound scary in English, it sounds as if someone hasn't got their dessert.
/// That's because you don't pronounce it the french way. That last "e" is mute. "Sans Souffl". But even then it lacks in Fear. I need to find something better.