Re: Malkioni cities

From: hcarteau_at_ZTFsW-CqX0bOwYbCu-5ZHew2yrCgJuCrwSYmKSWF0L3GxejEi47dCgKgSvIJ7Qn5v1-
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:30:45 +0100 (CET)

Jeff : One important thing about Loskalmi art and architecture ; the emphasis on the ideal form of things. Loskalmi cities and buildings tend to be very planned in appearance with an emphasis on symmetry, proportion, geometry and the regularity of parts. Art tends to be idealised, with depictions of the ideal form.

(subjective comment)

/// Heretic loskalmi dross ! Like everything else, architecture follows the Laws of Makan. Buildings, fortifications and sanctuaries are not "spontaneously built" during some drug- and sorcery-induced trance. Talari state the needs of the community, expert dronari devise and plan, other dronari quarry and raise, following their betters' instructions. Proportions, materials, sequences are all clearly defined by Logic.

Each caste has specific designs : zzaburi sanctuaries rise to the skies, horali barracks are square and their watchtowers must always be lower than the zzaburis' ; all talari palaces must have a golden roof (which some in poorer parts interpret as "part of the roof", but Grand Master Theoblanc has not declared this an heresy yet). COLORS are important : all zzaburi buildings must be blue, all horali barracks red, etc. These colors are forbidden for buildings of the workers.

Many of our buildings have triangular openings, to remind all the Glory of God. May plazas are triangular and not square ! There is no room for remnants of earth snakes and fell beasts in our Kingdom of God. As we speak, our architects are hard at work to redesign the older, pagan-influenced parts of our cities, under the benevolent eye of beloved King Guilmarn.