Re: Odal and personal property among the Orlanthi.

From: teeeterry <tt_at_BAOyr_FN62ExZbgwX4F-jbZfD6F2Zaa16jLTYrNEWvJ-6u5P8Sr61SgzGWlDyFBtSR8Y.yaho>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:45:58 -0000

My point is not to force players pay tax, or to force players to make their character behave in a specific manner (taking away valuable from the PCs in the process).

My goal is to establish what Orlanthi customs on the subject is so that my players can take this into consideration when they do return home with what they believe is a considerable stash of loot.

I'm not sure what direction I will head in yet, but probably a voluntary based system where the heroes are expected to give away everything (personal gifts, the clan, the bloodline, priests etc)) they cannot really use themselves. If man brings back 5 swords and a woman's necklace he'll keep one or two swords and give away the rest. Who he gives things to does open up for interesting play as mentioned. Also, this allows for PCs that don't want to share (shame on them) to sell stuff and buy things they want for themselves rather than bringing goods back home.

Keep'em coming;-)
Thanks,
-Terry