Re: Ompalam

From: Tim <tim_at_ERjXFqzTYf6dUQUtHPbyVv-tVI0Ce-XYSe1M_Y9at7TFqpkxcEvnKaXrS7IvJKU0-eDYTWsw>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 15:52:57 -0000

Interesting point. Cults of Terror, IIRC said that Malia was "Chaotic where worshipped by Broo" or words to that effect - possibly to indicate that propriety worship of Malia did not immediately turn one into a target for the local Uroxi...

I would have said that Ompalam is not himself chaotic, but that he is often worshipped by Chaotic societies where his magic is used to strengthen the hold the masters have over their unfortunate charges. In such areas he can be seen as a "chaos god"

Ikadz is probably in a similar situation, The prospaedia says he "receives the souls of misdoers and cleanses them before they can join the other dead" - which does not seem to imply the annihilation we might associate with Chaos. However if his worshippers are torturing for fun then the taint of chaos may start to appear (this can lead to all sorts of questions as to when the Torture is a "religious necessity" and when it is "just for kicks", but if we wanted easy answers we could stick to the D&D Alignment system).

I find it hard, however to not associate Gbaji with Chaos - I thought everyone agreed that Gbaji was an evil, chaotic god even if they couldn't agree who he was (Nysalor, Arkat, Someone else?)