Historical population of Genertela

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 11:12:48 -0000

While I tried to translate the article of "Battle of Night and Day" in WF#15....manpower of the both sides (Great Army of Restraint, Unity Army) are lower than I have expected (around 4000 men) despite the fact that it was one of the decisive battles in the history.

http://moondesignpublications.com/page/battle-night-and-day

I suppose it is derived from the low population and poor food supply in the Dawn Age and Gbaji Wars....But I am not sure about the Imperial Age and Third Age.

Martin Laurie wrote much about the Third Age Lunar Empire in "History of Dara Happan Army" and unofficial "Gwandorling Saga", but it might be not realistic in circumstance of poor food supply....

IIRC, the decisive battles in later age (For example, True Golden Horde in Dragonkill, Night of Horror) happened with large scale army more than 10,000.

http://glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonkill

I cannot find anything about rapid population growth or the development of military food supply in the Imperial Age.... Any ideas?

TI