Re: City Orlanthi

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_s6JGwdRbAfnxy-tBJYObW4czS1C1MIU8V_X_gKGWWF62NiYCP4M46R33qJlupF098yiv>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:47:20 -0000

> > > Heortlanders are not traditional Orlanthi.
> >
> >Most Heortlanders are traditional Orlanthi.
>
> Not the people that live in the cities and especially not the urban
> administration.

My apologies, I didn't realize you were confining that statement to only those Heortlanders living in the cities and in urban administration.

That being said, many Heortlanders living in the cities are traditional Orlanthi. The residents of Whitewall are about as traditional as they come. Outside of the South Province of Heortland (Esvular) there are only about 15,000 Aeolings - given that there are 31,000 urban inhabitants, probably about half the folk in the cities are Aeolings and other Malkioni, and the other half urban Orlanthi (with other folk making up the difference).

As for dialects, the Sartarites and the Heortlander Orlanthi speak the same dialect of the Theyalan language (sometimes called Mannish, sometimes called Therelemic). Greg and I discovered that the old Genertela Book section on languages is not completely accurate - Heortlander and Esrolian are dialects of the same language and are easily mutually intelligible.

Jeff