Re:Outlawry = death

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_T8I4YPIT6Ol-jctcHaYDYi0IKzdOHwHYgQ55NsG2Dptv31gtKpRJvW20SXk6FIYsV>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:06:43 -0800

YGWV I'd like to toss a fighter into this ring

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Roderick and Ellen Robertson < rjremr_at_0DsX9eS5Jj_5qwHqlhHv5tGjMGdOMmdJ-LeTxFUs_ysGescDwT9d71hbEOkhkzVER6CIPELYph_kPmZT.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> > Here's another wrinkle - odds are our outlaw did something offensive
> > to another community. Just because you outlawed Killer Varanil
> > doesn't mean your clan is off the hook for the five Grey Dogs he killed!
>
> I'm not so sure.
>
> Frex, Killer Varanil is a known tough guy and rapscallion, and kills a
> Greydog. The Greydogs show up at our clan and say "hey, we want
> compensation". A settlement is reached, the slate is wiped clean.

Yay Justice.

Then
> Killer goes out and kills five more Greydogs, and before the Greydogs show
> up on our tula again Killer is Outlawed - the whole "loss of kin, forever"
> package. It would be an interesting legal quagmire to determine if the clan
> is responsible for his killings, as he is no longer "kin" to them.

I don't think so. He was a member of the clan when he did it, the clan is still responsible.

The Greydogs would be legitimately peeved at our clan - one of ours killed
> Greydogs, but I can put forward that he is no longer kin, and they are SOL
> -
> they can collect it from his body. We still owe for the one Greydog that we
> reached a settlement on, but not for the ones he killed that they didn't
> press a claim to before we cut him off.

I'd have to disagree. This is just those damned Greydogs trying to bamboozle us with their Lawspeaker.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer