Re:Outlawry = death

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_pPaobsPA6vgDRqav0UyZun86aNUiVEkRvZuAfYPrjm-2FQMo1yNa-ppTTDUUQmdbDnLQ>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 07:15:39 -0000

> OFF TOPIC-ISH:
> FWIW I don't see Dara Happans as being very ruleslawyering! I used to,
> when I thought they were legalistic and had a written code, but it
> seems the Yelm's Justice is a sort of gnostic insight experienced by
> the worthy (Gold People ala Plato perhaps?) rather than something
> "killed" and put on stone or paper. The Carmanians might be our
> tedious lawyering culture but I am afraid I don't know much about them
> other than the fact they have cataphracts.

DH law is very cut and dry. There is the Great Law - the Antiriun Precepts first promulgated by Emperor Lukarius. It was written down by the Buserian scribes in a manner that is clear and absolute. The Emperor can always add to the Precepts, for as Emperor he is invested with the authority of Muharzarn, and in such manner the law can change. Who can forget when the Living God decreed that women were no longer forbidden to talk to each other?

Jeff