Arkat and troll illumination

From: bhirava <bhirava_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 00:58:29 -0000

Hi, I'm a Korean and a Glorantha newbee(Sorry for my poor english. I'm not good at english).

I had initiated into Glorantha via KoDP. And from last year I'm reading HQ and old RQ books(GtG too).

I lately had a think about some idea, suddenly.

In Gloranthan history, Arkat the troll defeated Nysalor, God of Light or Illumination.
In Gloranthan myth, Zorak Zoran defeated Yelmalio, God of Light and robbed his power of heat(Hill of Gold myth?). In Lords of Terror suggested Arkat is illuminated.

When based on this, I think Hill of Gold myth is partly metaphor of Arkat/Nysalor.

Arkat/Zorak Zoran(or troll?)
Nysalor/Yelmalio
Illumination/Heat

Fire means transformation at alchemy. In glorantha, light & heat is sub-element of fire. Light is source of Nysalor illumination(En-light-ment), and opposes darkness(such as Kyger litor and Nysalor in the Battle of Night and Day). Because of this, I believe that source of troll(or arkati) illumination will be heat, not light. If Illumination is true understanding of Cosmos and Chaos, it also must include darkness. Maybe light is false, superficial transformation, and heat is true, inner transformation.

Of cource, it's only my guess.

What do you think about this?