Re: Arkat and troll illumination

From: Sandy Petersen <spetersen_at_barkinglizards.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 09:21:55 -0500

My belief that trolls can be illuminated does not mean that illumination necessarily makes them "good guys". Gloranthan history is rife with examples of monstrous wickedness committed by illuminates. In fact, I once made the argument with Greg that, from a pragmatic viewpoint of the continued existence of the world Glorantha, illumination was a dire threat. This is one reason (I believe) that the Kralori put such strictures, rituals, and ceremonial tasks upon their own illuminates, and why the Cult of Arkat (illuminates all) is outwardly opposed to illumination.