Arkat and Dorasta

From: pentallion_at_yahoo.com
Date: 25 Oct 2013 14:06:56 -0700

I'm unsure of something(s) and thought maybe Greg or someone could give me some help. I'm making some assumptions I don't know if they're canonical or not, but I'm happy to throw them aside if they turn out not to be rather than simply go the YGMV route. Assumption: The story of Arkat vs Nysalor where Arkat understands the mirror with one side is true and he actually does end up as Razalkark, half broo, half unicorn.

Assumption: The unicorn head symbolizes the purity of intellect and the broo lower half symbolizes the base nature.

My question is: WHY is Arkat raping Dorasta? Why keep Dorastor a chaos pit? I understand that if he had simply killed her that she'd have been replaced and that by trapping her and forcing her to gift him her flora, he is able to spread chaos through Dorastor, but WHY does he wish this?

It seems anathemic with everything he stood for.

I feel like I'm missing some critical component and it's probably right in front of my face, but for the life of me, i can't understand the motivation here.