Re: Magic Reality

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:14:23 EDT

In a message dated 27/4/99 10:04:13AM, you write:

<< Trotsky:

> beliefs; he'd just suppose that it wasn't created by a god. Admittedly, a
> culture that didn't believe in magic would be pretty odd in Glorantha, but
> I'm not aware of any that hold that belief.

 Actually, orthodox mystics would say that magic is indeed just an illusion, the use of which will entrap you further in the world. >>

     Yes, but they say that of almost *everything*, so I don't really think it counters my point. They believe its real in so far as they believe the physical world is real (or so I understand) which is good enough for me. They don't, for instance, think its deliberate trickery, which I think was the possibility to which I was responding.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky