Other LBQs

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:31:24 +0100

Nick Hollingsworth said;

> It seems to me that the solar cults could enact this end part of the
> LBQ to force orlanthi to behave in a suitably orlanthi manner.

I'd guess that they do re-enact the slaying and revival of Yelm, since it's a major part of their history. I doubt if they give Orlanth's apology quite the same importance as we do, but it's an idea.

Question: who gets the part of Orlanth in the ritual? A real Orlanthi wouldn't apologise humbly, and anyone other than a real Orlanthi wouldn't lend much strength to the ritual. Do the Solars have some sort of toned-down storm god who could take this spot, like the way Orlanthi use the local Elmal rep?

The lunars also have close ties to Earth cults, don't they? The Earth version of the LBQ I wrote up was very Orlanthi-biased, but a Solar version could easily be extrapolated. Maybe use that as an intermediate point?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/