Re: Changing Digest Format??

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:15:30 +0200

Graham:

> I can see several possible changes :
>
> 1. I can make this fully moderated, and only allow posts which match some
> set of rules that we agree to as to what constitutes an "acceptable" post.
> 2. I can tell off and (if needed) moderate those posters who continuously
> post overly dull messages. This would probably be in response to a number
> of complaints from other list members.
> 3. I can fiddle the software so that all messages come in a bunch (normally
> once a day), but in either digest or individual format as desired. This
> *WILL* involve a lot more work on my part...
> 4. I can open it up totally, a la HQ-RPG.
> 5. I can leave things as they are. We have over a hundred more members than
> HQ-RPG, so presumably I'm doing something right...
>
> Of these, I see 5 as preferable, but could be convinced by 2 and 3. 1 and 4
> will take a *LOT* to convince me of the benefits. But I am trying to keep
> an open mind here.

5 is fine by me, but if it makes more people happy, 3 sounds like the best compromise alternative.

I receive all mailing lists in digest format as I hate having to delete oodles of messages. I find it far easier to just PgDn past the stuff that doesn't interest me (and there is far more PgDn to be done in the lists with a direct-delivery option). Keeping up with a thread on a direct-delivery list practically requires that you can respond several times a day. In that way, the GD is easier to keep up with.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.