Quest Challenges

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:43:22 -0000

In a recent game, my character was taken captive and was being prepared for human sacrifice. I decided to attempt a quest challenge between my "Open Doorway to Havan Vor" feat of the sacrifice ritual ability of the lead priestess.

1 - what is the panel view of whether this should have been allowed? The rules state that no-one can be involuntarily drawn into a quest challenge and it is arguable that I did just that. My argument is that the priesstess had drawn my character involuntarily into a sacrifice ritual and, once I started the quest challenge, she had the option to stop her side of the ritual.

2 - My plan, if I had won*, was to add her ability rating in the sacrifice ability to my "Secret Way rituals" affinity rating as it was arguable that they were similar and I had no interest in acquiring a sacrifice human (or whatever she had) ritual. How reasonable is my assumption that, as we were competing over our cultures' view of death, it was ok to add her death related rating to my death related rating? How reasonable is it to risk a feat but add to an affinity?

regards,
Charles