Re: Ability advancement rate

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:53:50 -0000

> Wulf, could you explain what you find problematic with the HW
> advancement rules?

I don't like them. Neither do at least a couple of other people. That's my problem defined.

I don't mind characters reaching a couple of levels of mastery, but I want that to be significant, to be an achievement. Not, as things look to be developing, a requirement. I don't want to have to increase the opposition so high that no-one can start a new, beginner, character, without getting killed off instantly, or being totally useless. And the system means that magic will be rapidly ignored, as high-mastery mundane skills are not only cheaper, but can be improvised to do practically anything magic can.

Sure, some people might enjoy playing Harrek and Argrath, some people started D&D campaigns at 20th level. I was never one of them.

Wulf