'Simulationist' Wound/Combat system for HW?

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:55:08 +1100

Title says it all really. Has anyone played with this - discrete combat results and wounds? Are there alt rules modules online? I mainly play on InterRelay Chat, and we usually make do with simple contests - keeping track of APs on IRC gets pretty intrusive. Being the sort of old-fashioned gamesmaster that I am, I tend to call a stunning AP loss a bone-cracking whack to the chest, an impale to the abdomen, or something similarly graphic.

I guess if I was desperate (and I'm interested than desperate, just as I'm more a storyteller than a simulationist) I could jest tack on some RQ -ish HP and hit locations.

I'm interested in folk's experience with these sorts of modifications. And yes, I know the philosophy, so please don't call me names. I'm strictly interested in practicalities here, and can get perfectly good insults at home. :)

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_...                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

So again I sing these heroes
 And once more I name their virtues,
Reckless raiders of fair cattle