Re: Spirit Travel

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 23:13:35 -0000

The ability could be increased by the family or clan supporting him. And remember, if he's effectively their priest, he's going to have a pretty high skill.

A starting character may not be able to make it into the spirit plane right off the blocks but remember its an ability rather than an affinity and can be raised relatively quickly.

Also, if it is treated as an extended contest, his buddies can lend him AP and augment his ability based on their skills and tradition knowleges. And having a spirit ally helps too, as I recall.

All these things add up, but getting to the spirit plane is a non-trivial thing, it would seem. Apparently, one cna get spirits for
fetishes without going to the spirit plane (or so it seems to me) espeically if they know the name of the spirit involved.

Oh, and having a shrine or sacred space is good for a +10. Having a Power Spot is good too (the Barrier is often weaker here -- which explains the power of Praxian shamen in the various places as the sites they hold are a much weaker barrier.

But having a bunch of estatic worshippers helping you get into the right frame of mind would be the best method. Check the Advanced Magic chapter for more ideas.

Jeff