Re: Re: City gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:32:31 +1200

At 11:57 AM 8/11/04 +0000, you wrote:

>--- In HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Metcalfe
><metcalph_at_q...> wrote:

> > But Pavis is _unable_ to provide magic beyond Pavis, which is
> > what is being argued about here. It is not a question of whether
> > or not he wants to, but whether he could do so. And the answer
> > is that he _cannot_.

>Well no the answer is 'he cannot in your game'.

No, the answer is that he cannot in standard glorantha.

>But in mine I will find a way to do it because I have a character
>that a player wants to keep who is being dragged away by his
>lifelong companions. There is plenty of angst possible in that,
>plenty of side effects, plenty of 'yes buts'. All good fun.

This would be the umpteenth time you invoked YGMV. Go for it. What's stopping you? Why is it necessary to whine about how standard glorantha being oppressive and call people cold-blooded because you don't like what they are saying?

>Reading Ian Thomson's books it seems to me that Pavis the God is
>lining up to re-create Genert and the Green Age in some way, which
>if that were to happen then he would become a greater god (or might
>become Genert reborn even).

Even if your inference is correct (and that's a big if), this does nothing to resolve the present issue as the event hasn't happened yet.

--Peter Metcalfe

---