RE: PC with no magic

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:40:58 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
> > >What abilities would he be left with?
> >
> > Well, all his mundane ones. So it seems to me that mighty
> > warrior types will
> > just be less flashy, and probably just as interesting from
> > that POV. Or do I misunderstand the question.
>
>I think what I was trying (badly) to ask was what else he's good at?

And if what you're getting at is that characters still have things they can do well without their magic, I'm totally on board. I have no idea what a Pavis Devotee would likely be like outside of the devotion, but there's the whole subject of his occupation, which isn't neccessarily priest. Someone mentioned diplomat, which would make for a cool character concept in this case, IMO. Yes it means he's away from his beloved Pavis a lot, but perhaps because he intends to improve his God's lot by dealiing with outsiders with his mundane talents.

Yeah, magic is an important part of every character in Glorantha - it's just not the only thing. Again, some players will see that as a challenge, and others as something that makes the character something they don't want to play.

Mike

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar � get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/