Re: Secondary keywords

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:23:05 -0800

>Situation: I'm running a game set in what amount to Mythic Ancient
>China, in the style of such films as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
>and House of Flying Daggers.

Sounds cool!

>At which point I stopped him and said that "Veteran of the Brigand
>Invasions" should really be a new Keyword at 13, with Ambush and
>Tracking and these other related things under it.

I'd probably just make it a sub-set of "Cavalry Soldier" and add those abilities to the main keyword. (assuming that he's kept up on his ambushes etc.).

If you *really* want it to be a secondary keyword, it should be free, and any number of abilities is "fair", because dilution of abilities is a self-correcting problem - sure, he may have a ton of abilities at 13 or 17, but when it comes time to divvy up his HP, he'll automaticaly prioritize them.

RR
C'est par mon ordre et pour le bien de l'Etat que le porteur du présent a fait ce qu'il a fait.
- Richelieu