RE: Re: Keyword v. best skill?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:44:41 -0000

RR:
> While not "speaking Ex Cathedra" for Issaries,

But close enough for us to go by. Thanks.

> *I* view the
> "Sample Resistance" table (P 274-275) as raw values.

Right, thanks. So, as I thought, a starting PC under standard rules is not Clan Champion level. His main skill may be, at the bottom of the range, but he doesn't get all those augments.

> While Kallyr is no great shakes at combat (Spear and Shield
> 14w2 by the end of Gathering Thunder), her real role is that
> of Leader: Brilliant Inspiration 7W3, backed by "Initiate of
> Dar the Queen (Lead Tribe affinity)"
> 15W, "Member of the Iron Ring of Sartar" 17W2, "Loyal to
> Followers" 15W2, "Loyal to Kingdom of Sartar" 10W2,
> "Starbrow" 7W2. Then add the normal "Warrior" 9W abilities of
> Boastful, Brave, Determined, Grim.

This is where these multiple augments worry me a bit. For all those augments to be relevant, and all pointing in the same direction as it were, the circumstances must be... lucky? "Lead Tribe", frex, surely means just that. Not "Lead Kingdom". So on a bad day, "Lead Tribe"/"Queen of Kheldon" is going one way, "Loyal to Sartar"/Iron Ring" is going another, and "Loyal to followers" may be going yet a third (along with Elusu, who gets the benefit of it whether he deserves it or not).

Now your average Clan Champion's augments won't be that complicated, but even so...?

Oh, and did you miss off her "guerilla warfare" skills? I'm sure that's a keyword, not a straight skill, too?