Re: What's in a keyword?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:35:38 -0800

> I've always felt that the keyword was a package, not a shorthand.

Nope, it was always intended as a shorthand, not a package (okay, I can't talk for Robin, but *I* intended it as a shorthand).

The list of abilities was meant to be a starting point for the players to get going, not a restrictive list. After all, everyone should know "maintain equipment", "Identify tools or things of importance to the occupation", Secret [occupation] handshake" etc. but leaving them off the list doesn't mean that the hero doesn't know them, just that we're such lazy sods that we didn't bother to list them.

RR
- Richelieu