Re: Assembling a Tricky Situations List

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:56:24 -0500

Some more:

Definitely lots of examples using non-combat should be in there. One of the joys of the system is that a dance off is as dramatic as a fight, and that should be highlighted.

As far as Tricky - conflicts where intent is less direct to obvious outcome.  Example: I give a verbal dressing down to some young hotheads in my stead. My intent is to show the rest of the clan I am charge of these youths and have everything in hand. If I fail, and "Berate Youngsters" is a skill that I've been spending points on, then I should still have gotten the last word in on the youths. But the "damage" -10% should be to my authority in the future, or to this skill, or what have you. It didn't have the effect I wanted. But that doesn't mean I failed at the task. Narrating what a failure means, and giving good examples, would be helpful.

Also a primer on "How to pick the right resistance."

(In the example above, who is resisting? The youths I am dressing down, the others in the hall? The Chief I am trying to impress?)

I think that sort of thing, the tricky situations which often have more than one "right" answer, depending on how you want to approach it, would be most helpful.

LC