Concentrating Magic

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:13:39 -0000

Over on the HeroQuest-RPG list, Jane Williams wrote:

> If you wanted something more complicated, I'd go for a
> "concentrated in <otherworld>" ability, to be used as
> a positive or negative augment as appropriate. I'm
> pretty sure it's been suggested before. Numbers would
> need a bit of juggling to get the right effect, but
> that's a question for the Rules list rather than this
> one.

So, how about it? How would the numbers need to be juggled to transform concentrated magic from its current form to an ability? Would it really need to jimmied into balance, or is this the sort of thing that is inherently self-balancing about the HeroQuest rules? After all, as has been pointed out before, the ability Kill-at-a- Glance 14 isn't inherently any more powerful than Brick-in-the-Face 14 -- they're just relative measurements of two different strategies for messing a fella up.

!i!