Re: Re: Hurts and bumping contests

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:54:23 +0000

David Dunham wrote:

> >One is the basic variability of results and the need to use hero
> >points to get results which means you are spending your experience
> >points. That is the same problem I had in TORG.
>
> If you want to make sure they improve skills (and this is not a part
> of all games or genres), give them directed improvements. We tend to
> make this loose -- if someone distinguishes themselves in a debate,
> the GM might say "take a +1 in one of the abilities you used to
> persuade the Duma."

Often you don't want to be that specific, though - you want them to improve, but you don't want to dictate what sort of skills you want them to improve in. Of course, as you say, this is not a part of all games or genres.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/