Re: Re: Javelin throwing; affinities/feats

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:00:27 +0100

DD:
>An initiate knows the affinity. To use they affinity, they must
>improvise feats, and suffer the -3 ...

>A devotee knows all listed feats in the affinity. They may
>improvise new feats at -3... I'd probably give them an
>additional penalty if they improvise brand new feats.

I think there's a potential issue here. If the only thing that a devotee gets is a +3 on using listed feats, is that really worth the extra time that has to be spent? Especially if it's someone like Vanganth, who only has one affinity. That's only 3HP over 3 sessions. Remind me, what else does a devotee get? I'll read up tonight anyway, there's probably something I've forgotten. I have a vague recollection that only Devotees can improv new feats...

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.