Zorak Zoran Draft Write-up

From: Sarah Newton <sarah.newton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 09:24:17 -0000

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to draft up a short cult description for Zorak Zoran, as my HW campaign is shortly about to head into the depths of Dagori Inkarth. Looking through the rather sparse HW stuff on ZZ, I'm unsure as to whether to treat him as theistic or animist...

I'm submitting the following (very tentative!) draft for comments - it's a theistic version, tho I'm unsure about Amanstan. I haven't put any description of ZZ in here - just the bare bones.

I'd appreciate any feedback!

Many thanks,

Sarah

The Cult of Zorak Zoran

Lord God of the Demons of Death
Troll Wargod and God of Hate and Vengeance

Entry Requirements : Dark trolls, great trolls, men, and beast men, plus exceptional trollkin. No Aldryami or Mostali.

Physical Skills : Ignore Pain, Intimidate, Torture, Flanged Mace Fighting

Mental Skills : Wrest ?Salamander? from Amanstan*, Mythology of Uz, Mythology of Zorak Zoran

Affinities:
Darkness (Shadowstalk, Create Zombie/Skeleton/Ghost, Fear, Command Shade, Command Ghost)
Death (Battle Rage, Crush, Blood Vengeance, Seal Wound) Disorder (Destroy Order, Ignore Distractions, Blood Frenzy)

Personality : Crazed, Bloodthirsty. Also Hate Elves, Hate Chaos, Hate Mostali.

Worshippers : Troll generals and warleaders, berserk warrios in troll lands. Some non-Troll warleaders in non-Troll lands.

Secret : Death Rage

Other Side : Zorak Zoran's Fortress in the Underworld, where the immortal Legions of Death engage in perpetual warfare.

Disadvantages : Psychopathic troll butchers. Often unacceptable even in troll society.

Other Connections : Zorak Zorani can gain Darksee spirits from Kyger Litor, Face Chaos spirits from Storm Bull, and Healing Trance spirits from Xiola Umbar.

*Special Note : Amanstan is the spirit of fire which houses the magic Zorak Zoran stole from Yelmalio during the Great Darkness. It is the source of the ?Salamanders? of the cult.