Re: Leaving the hero plane

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:20:28 -0000

> > Support of Clan Godtalkers (various augments on the priest) ?
>
> Isn't that part of the community support?
> Support using what? Mythology of Orlanth?
> Looking at the rules, you are better off having 30 carls giving 30
> +1 augments using they Mythology of Orlanth 13 than providing
> community support. Therefore the rules implicitly ban you from
> supporting quests in that way.

My preference is that only player characters, allies, patrons and followers may augment a ritual directly. All others provide support as per the standard tables.

Perhaps we will see in Storm Tribe if Greg's ideas, which first saw the light of day (or something) at Convulsion last year, have come to fruition. Greg suggested that a character might separately get support from each community that they have a relationship with or could convince. These separate lumps of support might be quite specific (We will support your sword skill when you fight the two headed wolf - and then you meet a two headed raven!).

regards,
Charles